- Phone: 877.425.6337
- Fax: 877.509.6337
- Main Address: 1412 SW 43rd St. Ste 120 Renton, WA 98057
First Aid for the Manager & Caregiver in the Adult Family Home
Contact Hours: 3 Hours
This program demonstrates what to do in emergency situations such as breathing emergencies, cuts burns chest pain and fractures. An american Red Cross Certified instructor demonstrates rescue breathing and CPR. This program gives information the Manager/Caregiver examples as to how to handle emergencies in the Homecare setting. It outlines common mistakes made by caregivers and puts a plan for preparedness together so that information is transferred between medical proffesionals easily.
At the completion of this program the participant will be able to:
- Discuss Possible causes of unconsciosness and significance of a thorough assessment.
- Explain first aid for a nose bleed.
- Demonstrate proper method of applying pressure to a wound
- Explain the 3 principles used in an emergency.
- Demonstrate the Helmlich Maneuver
- Identify actionsto take when a person has chest pain
- Describe the stepsin responding to a burn or frostbite
- Explain what to do when aperson has a seizure
- Identify the signs and symptoms of shock
- Describe first aid care of eye injuries.