Caregiver Training: Basic First Aid
Contact Hours: 3 Hours
This program demonstrates what to do in emergency situations such as breathing emergencies, cuts burns chest pain and fractures. An american Red Cross Certified instructor demonstrates rescue breathing and CPR.
At the completion of this program the participant will be able to:
- Discuss Possible causes of unconsciosness and significance of a thorough assessment.
- Explain first aid for a nose bleed.
- Demonstrate proper method of applying pressure to a wound
- Explain the 3 principles used in an emergency.
- Demonstrate the Helmlich Maneuver
- Identify actionsto take when a person has chest pain
- Describe the stepsin responding to a burn or frostbite
- Explain what to do when aperson has a seizure
- Identify the signs and symptoms of shock
- Describe first aid care of eye injuries.